Temerra's Playground

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Temerra's Playground
Temerra's Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

4 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider - Page 4 Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Liveric Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:47 am

Well, with the unsuccessful searching, Liveric thinks to change his approach. I'll walk the castle to look for his personal space in hope to find a journal or sort. As to I'm still am unsure of the host. I would like to use my familiar, weasel, to search the base of the walls for air flow to shifting passages.

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Liveric
Race: Gnome
Class: Rog3/Wiz2

Back to top Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider - Page 4 Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Admin Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Thinking to himself, Liveric says, "This place is so weird. I know there is more than just what I see." Liveric calls out a few words in an arcane tongue and a weasel, his familiar appears. Him and the weasel search the room for odd passageways, and, knowing from his own experience what a well placed illusion can do, illusioned walls.

give me a search check with a +4 bonus

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

https://temerra.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Search 5 +4 = 9

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

The member 'Liveric' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 pm

As Liveric searches the high places around the room, his weasel searches the low places. 10 minutes into the search the weasel squeals, drawing Liveric's attention. Moving toward a bookcase along the wall, Liveric notices what the weasel had just a few moments before. Along the base of the bookshelf Liveric could feel a slight draft from underneath the shelf. Looking further, he noticed that the stone wall behind the bookcase was not completely made of stone, but when he pounded on it, the wall made a wooden sound. "Ah ha! This is amazing!" Liveric pokes around the bookcase for a little bit, and finally comes across a particularly thick book called "Doors and Passageways". As Liveric goes to pull the book, a latch is heard and the door begins to open outward. Liveric follows the newly found hallway, with the light from the library as the sole light, until he reaches another door.

Slowly he opens the door, and is taken away at the magnitude of the castle before him. Surely he should have seen this from the window. Liveric spends his time, searching all the available rooms, from bedrooms to kitchens to dining halls and even a lush green courtyard, before realizing how much time has past.

While Liveric explores the castle, Einkor and Thennin, who is rather roughed up, appear from their trip to the group on Neth. Instantly Thennin sees the bookcase that seems to be rather oddly shaped to Einkor, being partway there and partway submerged into the stone wall beside it, and Thennin gives a slight chuckle. "Although I should have known better, it seems our friend has gotten past my illusions. Ahh, yes. I heard he had a little bit of training in that school. Einkor, it's time you saw the rest of my castle, but you must promise not to tell any of your group about this until it is time. I'm afraid that at least one of them would attempt a coup to take this place, and the less he knows the better. I can, after all, see his disposition. He is a very selfish person. What do you say?"

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:29 pm

i know exactly who you are talking about and what you mean.. and i will agree to not telling him anything about your castle, i have wondered myself about the mysteries that seem to surround this place, it seems to be a well made castle.. however i have no idea about how you make it fly and how to make such a thing for myself hahaha although i would welcome the knowledge, i do have a question aside from all of this as well, what are your plans for me now?? i would like to return to my family and betrothed at some point to help against the humans...

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Einkor
Race: Dwarf
Class: Ftr9

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Thennin laughs at Einkor's response. So I see under the brutal fighter's facade there is a romantic in there! As soon as the artifact is found, I will transport you back to your village, though I have seen adventurers much like yourself find your way home, only to leave the boring repetitions of commoner life for those of a more fulfilling one once again.

"As for this castle, I am not entirely sure what makes it float. That is A part of the answer we are looking for. For obvious reasons I have not told the party just as much as I have not told them of the size of this keep for the same reasons. I hope to gain the knowledge of the art of mass levitation through this artifact. We shall see. So, shall we look for our curious burglar?"

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:12 pm

einkor looks a bit confused... so wait burglar? are you talking about the gnome? is he not trustworthy? lets get to finding him..

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:37 pm

"It's not that he's untrustworthy. it just depends on what side you are on. He takes his craft very seriously. Let us go." says Thennin as he turns and seemingly walks through a brick wall into thin air.

Meanwhile, Liveric, after a few turns has found himself outside in the hall looking in on an immaculate courtyard, the quality of which Liveric has never seen. Flora of all kinds and from all climates adorn the courtyard, giving off brilliant colors. DM secretly rolls. While in the midst of the discovery, Liveric hears footsteps from his right.

Einkor follows Thennin, feeling entirely weird as he passes through a completely believable illusioned wall into a hallway, five foot wide and seven foot high. They walk for 80 feet and come upon a door. As Thennin opens the door, Einkor becomes insantly amazed at what was hidden completely from his sight.

The castle itself was completely immaculate, it's walls were a combination of stone and marble. The ceilings were easily twenty feet high, and the whole place smelled fresh, not musty like many of the old castles Einkor has been in. Twenty more feet and the two come upon a break, one path leading right, and another straight ahead. "Which way should we look, Einkor?" Thennin asked, grin on his face.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:22 pm

still in awe of castle: "i have no idea" einkor says with a grin looking around "do you want to split up? you go right and i'll go straight? which way leads to what?"

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 am

My apologies...computer took a nosedive this weekend. I'll have the next post up tonight as i don't have my castle map with me today. Thanks for your patience.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 am

Thennin agrees with Einkor, and turns to the right and starts down the hallway. As Einkor starts walking down the hall he notices a couple doors on his left before he sees the path turn to the left.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:18 am

Liveric stops to enjoy the calming of the courtyard. He glances around (Spot Check) for anything out of the ordinary(why the castle floats or anything "Oakenheart"). If nothing seen, Liveric finds a soft patch of grass to rest on and to meditate and study.

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:18 am

'd20' : 11

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:23 am

einkor opens the doors and goes in and looks around, if the doors are locked, keep going down the halway until I see something

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:27 am

Einkor tries to open the first door, finding it locked. Einkor then moves 20 feet down the hall and tries to open the second door. As the door swings freely, Einkor finds a finely furnished sleeping quarters that looks as if has been used recently. As Einkor looks around in the room he finds nothing that pertains to the previous occupants.

Meanwhile Liveric sits down in the grassy courtyard, and begins to alternately study his spells as well as go through the books that Thennin sat down for him.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:16 pm

einkor keeps going down the hallway looking for anything interesting and worth seaching through

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:29 pm

As Einkor turns the several corners along the hallway, he looks down the hall to his right and notices Thennin standing in front of a door, looking in quietly, his arms across his chest, a slight smile on his face.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:01 pm

einkor walks up to him did you find him?

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Thennin points and as you look the direction he is looking you notice the gnome sitting in the middle of a beautiful garden, papers and books strewn out across the grass and stone. He appears to be deep in thought. "Shall we?" says Thennin as he begins to open the doorway to the courtyard.

Einkor and Thennin meet with Liveric in the courtyard and begin to discuss what they have found so far. At this point Thennin thinks the best thing to do would be to do research.

Unless there's something else you'd rather do, I need a Search check from each of you.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:44 pm

einkor gives a little sigh, i would rather be fighting or training, but i guess this research is important too... in his down time, when not doing research, einkor keeps his skills sharp by practicing

search check +2

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:44 pm

The member 'Einkor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Search 5

I feel you Einkor, all this paper hurts my head. I've been at for awhile. How was your travel?

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 pm

'd20' : 5

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 pm

ah it was a trip made for a dwarf, visited with good friends, relaxed for a short while, then fended off a hoard of orcs (i think thats what they were, i cant remember lol) what have you been up to??

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum