Temerra's Playground

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Temerra's Playground
Temerra's Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

4 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider - Page 3 Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Admin Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:24 am

Einkor had been looking at the peculiarities of his face for so long that when he started looking at the gnome's gestures, he instantly saw through the guise. Thennin Cloudrider had become a gnome. Thennin may not be a dwarf, but he makes a peculiar gnome, and well, they are peculiar anyway.

A flash of recognition flashes across Einkor's face and Nennith gives Einkor a little wink. From beside Einkor, his father still stammers, his face pale Nennith? You! You are the one behind those crazy dreams! I've never heard that name, but in my slumber your name is head and shoulders above the rest. Not only that, but my son here, he points to Einkor, has had the same dream!

Einkor's father looks at Liveric. How long have you known this mage? He seems to be a major influence in this group already. I hope he hasn't been under my nose this whole time...

Both of you are free to interject anything as this progresses.

By the way, I need to pass out XP points as we get into a group running here. Einkor, you have received 1000 xp for role-playing and general playing, and an extra 350 for submitting the Innisfallen story. It WILL be used.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

https://temerra.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider - Page 3 Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Einkor Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:19 pm

cool man, im going to be home next weekend and i can stop by nerd night and level up there or something if thats cool, or whatever, we'll figure it out
einkor quickly looks at his father "this is the mage i was telling you about, the one sending me and my friends on the quest for the ancient artifact, he is the one who needs those symbols translated" getting the parchment with the symbols on it out and handing them to his father

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Einkor
Race: Dwarf
Class: Ftr9

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Einkor's father looks at the gnome and then at the paper. He seems very intent on the correlation between all of this. "Before I give any information away, I want to know why it is that I should lend my hand in this? A mage with the ability to cause dreams is more a cause for concern than a hand in friendship."

I think I have found an artifact that will help all peaceful, intelligent beings, Mr. Ghroen," says Nennith. I seek to restore magic to it's place as a powerful tool, much like it was before the Fallen, sir. This artifact could very well do that. On top of that, I would be very generous to your coffers as well.

"So you think you can bribe your way into this information? Well, not on my watch! I hardly know you. Einkor, I would like to seek council with Liveric and you on this alone." With that, Nennith turns and walks away, and as the two of you follow his movements you watch him as he slowly disappears into thin air. Einkor's father sits down with both of you and asks of your opinion of this gnome.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:09 am

Liveric looks to Einkor's father, I haven't known Nennith for too long or too well. He discovered me while I've been helping here. We bonded in conversation about arcane illusions. Also I'm told the gnomes should be here soon with the equipment for the the repairs. Einkor do you know Nennith?

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Liveric
Race: Gnome
Class: Rog3/Wiz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:06 pm

"me and my party recieved letters from him a while back, we met with him, talked a great deal about this artifact and the mission he wanted us to go on, stayed in his dwelling for a night, and we decided to take the quest" einkor recants a very abrieviated version of their journey for the artifact for liveric "i dont know him completely and also im not completely sure i trust everything about him, however, i truely believe his intentions are good in this situation" einkor thinks for a second "father, what if he were to earn the knowledge he seeks apart from just paying for it?"

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Einkor's father thinks for a second. "Hmm. This idea is rather intriguing. Well, since he seems to be a capable wizard and more gnomes are coming up from the south, we'll assign him to be in charge of the core supports. I'm sure the gnomes won't mind also setting up some of their fancy gears and such. Let's make sure he is truly willing to help. Liveric, you have been more than help. I would like you to oversee him. I'm sure you won't mind accompanying him. You can talk wizard stuff. We, on the other hand, Einkor, must get to stonecutting. I'm afraid I've let this go far too long. What say the both of you?"

As Einkor's father finishes the last sentence he pulls you both in closer and whispers, "And yes, I've known what it says for quite a while now."

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:36 pm

smiling at his father's cunning and wisdom in this matter einkor says "sounds good to me" then looks to liveric for his answer

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:00 pm

I most certainly think the gnomes are bringing and with good welcome leaving their mechanical equipment. I will entertain the "guest" as well keep an eye out. This should be well to my talents.

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:39 pm

And with a firm nod, Einkor's father, Milfelek, meaning "experienced hewing rock", agreed and the deal was done. Milfelek had the innkeeper's attendant to summon Nennith, and within a few minutes, the gnome appeared. The group tells Nennith of the deal and he agrees, asking only for several small breaks throughout the day for undisclosed reasons. Milfelek agrees to the term.

Just past midday a contingent of gnomes arrive at the entrance of Ghroen. Einkor notices some of the most odd contraptions from this group. From boots that bounce to carts that propelled themselves by a movement of a lever or two, the gnomes arrive, ready to get to work. Einkor and Milfelek assess the damage to the structure of the cave and begin to hammer new stone and repair the structure while Liveric, Nennith, and the rest of the gnomes work on newly engineered improvements.

Einkor, give me a Craft: Stonecarving check as well as a Craft: Stonemasonry check.

Liveric, give me a Profession: Engineer and Profession: Miner check.

This will lead into being able to play this weekend, Einkor, so if you can do this tonight, it will greatly help. Thanks.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 pm

ay!!! this is a great time we will have!!! einkor says with a huge grin on his face

stonecarving= +1
stonemasonry=+8

first roll will be for stonecarving then second roll is for stonemasonry

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 pm

The member 'Einkor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 18, 8

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:47 pm

pro. engineer 3

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:47 pm

The member 'Liveric' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 9

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:48 pm

pro. miner 3

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:48 pm

'd20' : 15

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Nennith, are you familiar with our contraptions? And where have you studied? I'm just a drifter who was lucky enough to get a quick learning.

Have fun this weekend!

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:17 am

Over the next week you work on you own skills and professions, working to repair the damages done by the human attacks. Einkor, after a day or so of trying, realizes he cannot keep up with his father's speed & proficiency at turning the mined stone into useful blocks, but was rather proficient at carving the proper runes and decorations as well as fitting small holes and grooves into the rock for the use of the gnomish devices. Every so often Milfelek would taunt his son in jest about the "hands of the gentle" and laugh, and Einkor would grin a smile, all the while knowing his father has never encountered a dragon, much less slay one.

Liveric spent the week diagramming and building spring traps for the village entrance as well as creating a weapon that, with the push of a lever and a torch, spewed some of the dwarves' best liquor past the flame, igniting it, and sprayed the flame a distance away.

Nennith, through the watchful eye of Liveric, helped magically fortify key areas, and set magical alarms throughout key areas of Ghroen village so that the defenses could form a better attack, as well as many other things.

By the end of the week, Milfelek was satisfied of the work that Nennith had accomplished and set aside him, Liveric, and Einkor. "As per our agreement, Nennith, I will tell you what I know. That inscription you were looking for says "Oakenheart". Unfortunately, I have never heard of an Oakenheart village. We have a clan named Oakenheart to the west, many days past all the known human villages, but they are poor folk. This tomb could not have been theirs."

In hearing this, Nennith's face lights up. "We must tell the others, Einkor." Nennith then looks at Liveric. "I could use your help as well." Finally, Nennith looks at Milfelek. "Sir, I am afraid to have to do this to you so shortly after seeing your son, but I am afraid we must take leave. I will make certain that he is in contact with you. I will not let his distance be a barrier to your communication with him."

Nennith puts his hands on Liveric's and Einkor's shoulders, speaks but a few words, and before Milfelek could object, the three disappear from before his eyes.

In an instant, Nennith, Einkor, and Liveric arrive back at the floating castle. Nennith's appearance fades away, and once again, the long haired, red headed human returns to view. "We now know all we need to know, gentledwarves and gentlegnomes. Liveric, could you see if you can find something within these tomes on Oakenheart when Einkor and I leave? We must find the rest of the group and tell them of our findings. First I must rest. I have never had to have so many polymorph spells memorized in all my days."

With an incantation and a few flicks of his wrist, Thennin pulls books from the top shelves and as they hover to the desk in the center of the room, you notice that they are geneology books and history books. Thennin then retires to his room.

The next day, Thennin comes out of his room, refreshed. He retrieves some mutton, eggs, and some light ale for the morning breakfast. After everyone was well fed, Thennin says, "It is time. Einkor, come. Let us be reacquainted with your adventurers." And just as the day before, Thennin places his hand on Einkor's shoulder, speaks but a few words, and the two of them vanish from before Liveric's eyes.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 pm

With the quick, sudden disappearance, Liveric stands a little dumbfounded. He begins a board search of his surroundings. would like a spot check 3. If on finding anything intriguing search on to that. On to the endless library; I try to search for his organizational method Search 5 . I look through the tomes for anything title or subtitles with "Oakenheart".
Upon my finish I spend my time studying my spell.

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 pm

#1 'd20' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 4

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:43 am

Liveric looks around the room at the massive library, perusing titles as he walks on by. As he looks he finds books of all sorts on histories of Temerra, of old ancient races and kingdoms. He finds treatises on governmental affairs and cooking books. The only thing he finds remotely interesting is a newer book than the most with the name on the front covering "Magicks To Shape Wild Cities".

As for organizational, he seems to have almost none in Liveric's eyes. Each book is out of place with another. New books are with old books. Alchemical books are grouped with basketweaving books. It is a rather maddening mess.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 pm

I'll set the newer one to the side, as I continue. Kind of lost on time, how long are they away. I would search my surroundings. Maps, out the windows, further though the castle.

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:49 am

I can't tell you how long they're gone Wink

Liveric looks out the window to realize for the first time that he is in very incredibly unfamiliar territory. Not only does he not recognize the landscape around him, he realizes there is no landscape out of the window! As he looks out he sees only clouds. Finding a small ledge to prop himself up, Liveric sticks his head out of the window only to see that the castle is not only floating, but it is floating way above the water with only a sliver of land to be seen on the horizon.

Shaken, you lose your foothold and almost slip on the ground but catch yourself. You realize it could be rather hard to leave this place, and decide to get to the task at hand. You're not sure if Thennin thought about it or not, but you decide to look through the maps. You take your time here, and after searching through them you realize you have taken approximately 2 to 2-1/2 hours to search what you have.

Liveric, give me a Search check. Einkor, you'll be popping in soon.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:38 am

Search 5

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am

Forgot to roll lol

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am

'd20' : 3

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum