Temerra's Playground

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Temerra's Playground
Temerra's Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

4 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider - Page 6 Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:59 pm

The guards answer Einkor straight away, saying yes to everything Einkor asked and giving him specific directions to each and every one of his inquiries. After the dizzying bout of directions and turns, they notice Einkor's overwhelmed face and recommend that Einkor work on one thing at a time. Pick a place, and we'll head there. I'm not gonna map this place out, but this is quite a large city, so just about everything will be here.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

https://temerra.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider - Page 6 Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Einkor Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm

haha yeah i figured as much Smile
einkor wants to get some masterwork dwarven axes first

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Einkor
Race: Dwarf
Class: Ftr9

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:54 pm

We'll get your transactions done before saturday, just in case

After a few days, you are able to find several weapon dealers in town, but only one who sells such a thing. He is willing to sell you Masterwork dwarven waraxes for 350 gold a piece or 675 gold for a matching set of two. He only has two of them. "These are not an elven weapon, and you're lucky that I happen to have these at all," says the elf.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:55 pm

I'll try to get your updated char. sheet on the wiki tonight after church

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:33 pm

with a big smile einkor says "thank you very much master elf, i'll take them, and if you are interested in buying some, i have two dwarven axes here that i have no use for anymore and some other weapons i cant remember what einkor has on his char. sheet.. sorry dan "
after the transaction(s) einkor wants to find some place to sell whatever he has left to sell, like those ceremonial things or crowns or whatever he has left

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Okay, new character sheet is up. Give me a diplomacy check.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:16 pm

dipl: +1

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:16 pm

The member 'Einkor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Okay, you neither get a price boost nor a price cut, so your items are worth exactly what you see on the character sheet (I think I forgot to add the Dragonhide Armor, I'll have to check). What is it exactly you'd like to sell? And then along with that, what is your next course of action?

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:10 pm

einkor wants to sell the two regular dwarven axes he had, the dwarven urgrosh, the dragon scale armor (if he can get more than the two thousand gold he paid for it, if not he will look for some one who will pay that much), the heavy masterwork flail, and the masterwork siangham im looking at the character sheet and that adds up to 3328 gold plus whatever the dragonscale armor will get
after that einkor thanks the elf gives a low bow and leaves to find a collector that will buy the ceremonial dagger, and crown, (and the dragonscail armor if the elf wasn't willing to pay more than two thousand)
ill go ahead and make another dipl. check for the collector to save time and if anything else happens or you have something else planned just ignore it :-) dipl. +1
after selling everything and getting all the money collected einkor wants to find the enchanter

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:10 pm

The member 'Einkor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 17

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Sorry about the delay. I've been sorta backed up. Let's continue.

We are actually an extra 3 weeks later due to travelling.

You are able to get the vendor to add an extra 10% to your dagger, crown, and dragonscale armor.

What would you like to do next?

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:40 pm

o dude, that's cool lol.
einkor wants to find the enchanter to get his new axes enchanted
since he has no idea what to expect or how this process works (other than the brief description Maeren gave him) when he gets there he is going to inquire of the enchanter about the the options he has (like what kinds of things he can enchant the axes with and how much they can be enchanted (out of game: like how much damage they can do and stuff like that))

and just a question how much $ does einkor have now?

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Einkor inquires upon the dwarven weaponsmith the cost of procuring some magical energy into the axes. The dwarf says in a grovelly voice, "I'm afraid you have the wrong dwarf. I can no more enchant that weapon anymore than a fly on the wall. You might want to talk to a mage."

Update on gold piece count next post.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:08 am

do you know where i might find a mage that can help me??

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 pm

I'll have that updated gold soon...

The dwarf points you to a place on the southern side of the great tree in Ashenvell (you were relatively eastern), to a place called "I Angol Ent ned Ivorwn", ie "The Magic Gift of Ivorwin".

As you step inside you notice that the hut, which is built into the tree, is very plain. A middle aged, beautiful, elvish woman, approaches you.

Suilaid Mellon! (Good day, love: a common elvish hello). I am Ivorwin. What can I do for you?"

Last edited by Admin on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:09 pm

einkor gives a low bow in respect for the lady
hello Ivorwin I am Einkor, i have been informed that you may be able to help me. i would like these two axes enchanted, (einkor gets out the axes) as you can see, they are of fine make and craftmanship. i do not know how this process works so if you could explain to me what kinds of things you are able to do with them, i would be very greatful

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Ivorwin smiles at you, her beauty exceeding, even by dwarven standards.

"I can surely enhance the qualities of those. The first thing we will have to do is actually enchant them. They will be more balanced and sharper. I require 2,000 gold (200 platinum) each for that transaction.

"Once we have done that, I can take them a step further by adding some special elements to them. I offer three elemental boons: fire, frost, and shock. To add these to your weapon requires and extra 6,000 gold (600 platinum) each.

"Should you have the means and the time, I could dig up some even more powerful enchantments, but they are MUCH harder to apply, and cost quite a bit more. Instead of the three elements, I can add a fire burst, frost burst, or shock burst. These are more powerful. Of course I can stack the original three on as well, but stacking is just as hard and costs the same. For two of the elemental stacks or one of the bursts, I require 16,000 gold (1600 platinum) for each weapon.

"What do you think, mellon?"

Total cost:
+1 weapons - 2,000gp each
+1 with fire, etc. or +2 weapon - 8,000 gp each
+1 with fire burst, etc. or +3 weapon - 18,000 gp each

Your character sheet should be updated. I'm still going through. I might have missed some stuff, but the transactions have been accounted for.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 pm

ok if i have done the math right einkor has enough for both axes to get the +1 and one ax to get a boon.

ok then einkor says with a big smile ill get the advancements on both and since i've always been intrigued by the awesome power of lightning, we don't get much under the mountain where i live haha, ill take the shock enhancment on one of my axes

just a question what does this give the ax in terms of dice??

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 pm

yeah, looks about right

okay weapons are +1 to strike and damage, and the lighting will do an extra 1d6 electricity damage per hit

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:05 pm

ok cool :-) ...however much time passes einkor waits (if there was lot of time he looks for any work that could be done)...
after he gets the axes back he gives a low bow to the lady and a very gratious "thank you"
he then asks her if she knows anything about the Naurthala clan that he has been looking for

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:57 am

Ivorwin disappears for approximately an hour, tell you that she will return. When she returns she beckons you to the room behind her, and as you follow you are ushered into a room that is almost completely empty, save for several items which you can only assume are reagents for her spells. She takes the bulk of the items and puts them away, keeping out a whetstone, and some other odd ingredients that have you puzzled. She takes the whetstone and begins to grind it upon a grater of sorts, creating a powder.

Taking your weapons, she sets them down in front of her. She then begins to speak in a familiar, but strange tongue. You have heard this speech before from May Lynn, but you have no idea what she is saying. You watch as the components begin to swirl around her fingers and hands, and a gray glow emanates from her hand, starting at a dull glow, but slowly turning into almost a tangible object. She then reaches out her hand and touches the first waraxe. You watch as everything that was around her hands seems to be sucked into the blade.

She repeats the same process for the second waraxe, and then, taking easily twice as long, and using the oil from an electric eel which had been procured in the moments she was away, no doubt, as the eel was still writhing in her grasp, she speaks the familiar Arcane tongue, and as before touches one of the waraxe. As she touches it this time, what you can only describe as miniature lightning bolts spring from her hands toward the waraxe, and encompass the weapon. As the lightning bolts cease, you notice that the weapon has a slight bluish tint to it.

She then takes the weapons and hands them to you, quite pristine, no dust on them, no oil. "The process is finished, dwarf."

The rest of the story is coming...

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:34 am

Einkor stand there for a few minutes after taking the axes, examining them, and sheathing them, and then looks back to Ivorwin. She seems puzzled until he asks her about the Naurthala elves. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "You need to make your way east of Ashenvell to Parth Seregon, Bloodflowerfield. You will find them there."

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:11 pm

with a low bow, einkor says "a tousand thanks to you, with these axes, many lives will be saved. and thank you for the directions"
einkor is going to go to the market to grab enough rations for the trip and head out on his horse to the Naurthala clan.

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Okay, need to know. Are you walking, riding a horse?

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum