Temerra's Playground

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Temerra's Playground
Temerra's Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

4 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider - Page 5 Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Admin Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:14 pm

These weekends are my weakest link, heh. Alright, on with the show.

Liveric has been not only studying the books, but his spells as well, but unfortunately, it has all started to blur together. As Einkor searches, he comes across a different sort of discovery. "Hey Thennin, have you ever heard of this town. It's name is Freshwater. Some of these papers have seemed to come from a library of sorts, and these papers are rather old. I wonder if there might be even more information there."

Thennin thinks about this for a little bit. "Why, yes. That may work. Gentlemen, I must take leave for a little bit and go back to my study. I am going to try and recall the history of this particular parchment so that we may find what is in that library. I will return. Before I go, though, is there anything or anywhere I can take you? This may be a few days, as I will have to delve quite deep."

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

https://temerra.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider - Page 5 Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Einkor Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:16 pm

i have a few errands to go on back home, like this dragon scale armor business and they may need my help against the humans...

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Einkor
Race: Dwarf
Class: Ftr9

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Liveric agrees to go along with Einkor to his home to take care of some business. Taking a day to memorize new spells, Thennin casts a spell and once again takes the appearance of a gnome. After that he grabs both Einkor and Liveric, and says an incantation, and with nothing more than a blur, the three of them are transported to a familiar underground city. They arrive in the middle of a very stoic room, furnished with nothing more than a chest and a bed. The door out is a simple wooden door, and everyone smells the distant smell of roast mutton and mead.

I will be updating character sheets and experience hopefully this week. Sorry for the delay.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:12 pm

no problem man, hey if you need a break from this or something, it's no problem...

so where are we? how long do we have?

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Nah, I just get busy to the point I forget and this past weekend was my anniversary.

"We're in Ghroen Village, of course!" chuckles Thennin. "I have a room rented for this place for exactly the next year. This is why you never find me popping into public places. Well, I'm off. I will check in periodically. Good luck, Einkor. Duty presses." With the familiar gesture and incantation Thennin fades into the wisps of the air.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:46 pm

well congrats dude, i hope it was great :-) o and alex told me about cank... that sux he was an honorable dwarf lol
liveric is there anything in particular you want to do?? i have to tell my family i will be staying with them, you are welcome to stay with us if you wish. i also have to go to the armorer my father told me about so he can see what can be done with these dragon scales and head.

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Liveric Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Einkor do see your family and take care of the dragon scales. I want to see if the gnomes are still in town; do say hello the your father for me. Liveric parts ways and heads to the last known spotting of the gnomes.

Liveric
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Liveric
Race: Gnome
Class: Rog3/Wiz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:37 am

will do
einkor goes to his families home, with the intent on visiting for a short while and then inquiring about the armorer for the dragon scales, also he wants to see if his fiance would join him on the journey just to spend some time with her.

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:29 am

Liveric, you will be changing forums for a while to here:
https://temerra.rpg-board.net/liveric-s-gaming-f10/liveric-parts-ways-t17.htm#140. Einkor, you'll still have permissions to that.

Einkor leaves the inn and goes to his parents house to find that it has been restored to its former beauty and more. It seems that Einkor's return had sparked the creativity in his father again.

As Einkor enters into the house, he is cheerfully greeted with all sorts of shouting and praising, and even a few dwarven jabs of "He's even grown an inch or two since I've last seen him". As Einkor's father sees him, he greets Einkor heartily, looks him and then says in a bit of a concerned voice, "You have a dragon's head now and still with the scales. You haven't got a security blanket there do ya?"

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:55 pm

hahaha father got jokes einkor laughs with the family a blanket no, but security yes, how about that amorer you told me of? where can i find him?

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 am

Einkor's father looks at Einkor and smiles. "You've forgotten our conversations already? A dwarf never forgets! There is a crafter at the southernmost tip of these Bennor Mountains that might be able to help you."

https://temerra.rpg-board.net/einkor-s-business-dealings-f5/the-arrival-of-thennin-cloudrider-t2-30.htm#67

"I take it ye be off again? Make sure to see your betrothed. She worries much when you are gone."

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:06 pm

good point father, where is Treisa? ill ask her if she wants to accompany me to this smith, it has been too long since i have seen her einkor goes to her and askes her to join him to go to the smith

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:19 am

She easily complies, more than glad to get out from the everyday humdrum of Ghroen village. The two of you set out for Duban Baraz, Red Valley (lit. "valley red").

Will you be travelling with a caravan, or alone? Either way, I need a d100 roll.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:34 am

it's just going to be me and her, einkor would like some quality time ;-) hahahaha

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:34 am

The member 'Einkor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1d100' : 42

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:20 am

My apologies, time got away from me again.

After a week long journey You make it to the southernmost dwarven city in the Bennor Mountains, Zirak Dum (lit. Tip Cave). This is a larger city than Ghroen Village, and you are in awe at it's splendor. Not only is the stonework beautiful, but it seems to be untouched by everything: gnomes, elves, and even humans. It looks to be completely carved straight from the mountain rock itself.

After a little looking around you ask around and after a good 15 minutes of walking through the city and find a leatherworker with the same name as the one you are seeking, Thel Avir. He sees your inventory, the dragon head, and his eyes light up with vigor. "Top of the mornin' to ya! What is it that Thel can do for a traveler such as yourself?"

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:08 pm

im looking for a great armorer my father told me about... i have these dragon scales and head and im wondering if they can be made into armor??

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Thel smiles a huge smile. "Thel can definitely do such a thing! There is no greater dragonscale armorer in all of Temerra. I can do this, for a price. Making dragonscales fit for battle is no easy task and will take some time. I dare say, procuring the scales is the hardest part, no doubt.

"Thel will offer his masterwork services. He can craft an exceptional set of hide armor for someone of your size as well for 2,000 gold. He can also create a large shield for an additional 200 gold or Thel can take the scraps and give you 120 gold off of the top of the armor price. This seems to be green dragon scales, so Thel knows that the armor and shield themselves would be immune to acid, though, as they are magical, Thel knows that you yourself would not be. Thel could make a smaller set of heavier armor, but Thel knows a dwarf like yourself would not fit into that."

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:18 pm

i cant remember what alex wanted me to do with this dragon head... did he want a helm?? and i have another question that may be easier to ask you in person but here goes, so if i am duel wielding axes i cannot have a shield out, i get that part. but if i have a buckler on my arm and if i chose to not use my second axe when i hit (even though it is still equipped) can einkor use the buckler's shield bonus because technically it's still equipped its just normally he wouldnt be able to use it because he would use that arm for attacking... just a question i had because i want einkor to start double weilding soon lol
einkor thinks for a second...

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 am

Yes he did want a helm. Also, i did find that that buckler rule:

Buckler: This small metal shield is strapped to your forearm,
allowing you to wear it and still use your hand. You can use a bow or
crossbow without penalty. You can also use an off-hand weapon, but
you suffer a –1 penalty on attack rolls because of the extra weight on
your arm. This penalty stacks with those for fighting with your off
hand and, if appropriate, for fighting with two weapons. In any case,
if you use a weapon in your off-hand, you don’t get the buckler’s AC
bonus for the rest of the round.

Hope this helps. Thel speaks to you. "Thel armor includes the helmet, though Thel will have to crop the snout of the dragon to get rid of the overhang."

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:40 am

einkor looks at thel "you have yourself a deal, however, instead of the large shield, make a buckler, please keep whatever scales are leftover for whatever use you can find, may they bring you good fortune, you do what you need to do to make the helm" einkor shakes his hand to seal the agreement "so how long is this going to take? while there's no particular rush, im spending time with my betrothed you know hahaha, i just wanted to know how long, maybe you can point me in the direction of a place around here in need of a stoneworker or fighter??"

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:56 am

Onsite gaming sessions omitted...bringing back here

As Einkor waves goodbye to his friends, leaving them in the massive trunk of the tree, he sets about his task of finding the particular clan of elves, the Parth Nûr, the Deep Field Elves. You have a feeling that Ashenvell, the major city that Maeren has told you about, will be the best place to start.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 pm

einkor bids adue to the centaur and gets on his horse and rides for the city

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:49 am

As Einkor rides south toward the city of Ashenvell he remembers an ancient elven name that his father had talked about in his stories of his fathers. "Naurthala" was the name. You remember it also being referred to as the "Steady Fire" clan.

Einkor rides for two days uneventfully through the forest on a small pathway that he found on the way, obviously deliberately made for non-elves to travel back and forth to the capital city. On the third day Einkor realizes that he sees above him branches from a tree that could be trees themselves. As he travels to the top of a particularly large hill, he traces the the limbs and branches to their source he finds that they go on into the distance and meet up with a city with a singular, massive tree in the middle of it, seated at the top of another hill several miles away.

The size and magnitude of the tree is fierce, and as Einkor gets closer he then realizes this tree must me easily one, two, maybe three miles wide, and there are many buildings nestled around the visible face of this singular wonder. As Einkor approaches the city his entire view is almost completely covered by this tree. Einkor makes the standard operations with the guards at the gate, and is free to go throughout the city.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:23 pm

einkor asks around for the location of some armorers and some people that can enchant weapons, also for an inn to stay. He also askes if there are some special collectors around that would be interested in buying the random items einkor has (like the crowns and stuff).

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum